All content and recipes in this website unless stated otherwise are © Copyright Lutong Cavite™
No reproduction without prior permission.

Friday, October 7, 2016

LIDO Cocina Tsina

Resto Name: LIDO Cocina Tsina
Location:  Emilio Aguinaldo Hwy, Bacoor, Cavite
Type: Chinese
Average Price Per Dish: P140-P300

After running some last minute errand at Paulito's I decided to dine it at last at Lido. This restaurant has been killing my curiosity for ages but its only last Saturday I decided to try it.


The restaurant has a friendly staff atmosphere and after ordering a tissue and a spoon was placed in my table immediately aside from a glass of water. 

It took a while before the order arrived even only few tables are occupied and what I ordered is really simple - lomi and siopao. 

Hunan Style Lomi (Solo) - P145
I wanted a sabaw and I know Lomi but Hunan Lomi I wonder what's the difference. When I ask the waiter he said it has fried onions and no egg.  A lomi without an egg ? Puzzling anyways I ordered it. Minutes later he came back and apologized many times that it also has an egg. 

The lomi's noodle is not that soft or maybe I am just used to the Meylin's hand pulled noodles that it became my standard on all lomis in noodles and taste. This lomi has carrots, pork, shiitake mushrooms, leeks and fried onions. In terms of taste it is very bland. Thanks to the calamansi and chili oil for adding a little flavor but my taste buds was not satisfied at all. I ended up taking out more than half of it. I'm still wondering what's its difference between a regular Lomi may be shrimp LOL  

 Siopao Asado - P85
I love siopao. I'm expecting this to be really good since it's pricier. The dough is good but in terms of filling I didn't like it and even the sauce. Although it's pure pork meat unlike most siopao's that are filled more with pork fat than meat the problem is the flavor. It has a hind of taste of mashed salted egg but still I find it bland. The sauce is not of any help at all. There is something missing in this siopao.   

What I like most about this resto and what became its saving grace is the very attentive and friendly staff that while you are eating they will ask you how's the food and if its good. I don't want to ruin their smiles so I just said its okay even its not. While waiting for the bill a waitress is asking if I want some dessert then after handing the bill another one gave me a sales talk that they accept parties and even gives freebie if one celebrates birthday with them. 

Will I come back to dine in this resto to try their much hyped Chinese Pugon Roasted Asado? Well I'm not really sure after my experience dining with two very simple dish. I am more happier with a pack of pancit puti and pichi-pichi in the nearby Amber's. 


-------------------------------------
Food – 1 stars
Service – 5 stars
Ambiance – 4 stars
Value – 2 stars

OVERALL RATING – 3 stars
-------------------------------------




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...